We work together to assist those in need.
As an organization that operates primarily through assistance from community donations and community volunteers, we can only serve individuals in need with the support of volunteers like you.
We are blessed with a strong, giving and supportive community in Decatur. Community volunteers have, since our inception, been the backbone of our organization. In our work we strive to both help individuals in need and ensure our community volunteers have a fulfilling experience.
What role will you have as a volunteer?
Volunteer opportunities at Northeast may include the following:
- Helping on the food line in the food pantry
- Organizing donated clothing and household items
- Welcoming clients as a volunteer receptionist
- Cleaning and other help with the building
How do you become a volunteer?
We want to make sure our volunteers are set up for a great experience once they walk in the door. Before you have your first shift volunteering at Northeast Community Fund, we require all volunteers to fill out an application (paper application or online) and schedule their first shift.
I know I want to volunteer at Northeast Community Fund. What are my next steps?
- Apply to be a volunteer.
- Sign up for your first shift.
- Learn more about our volunteer options and schedule during your first shift.
Note about volunteering minors:
- Volunteering children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Volunteering children between the ages of 14-17 must bring in a filled out liability release that can be accessed below before they can begin volunteering.
If you have any questions about volunteering with us, please call us directly.